Here is my variation on the classic French theme of radish-sea salt-butter-baguette. My radish spread with fresh herbs is a great snack to serve with a glass of white wine. There’s just no substitute for fresh herbs and it’s fun to experiment with different combinations.
TIP: Be sure to have the cream cheese at room temperature before your prepare the spread.
Yields 2 cups
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaved parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 block of cream cheese, room temperature
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- toasted baguette slices
- flaked sea salt for garnish
1. Clean, top and thinly slice the radishes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine radishes with the dill, parsley and chives.
3. In another medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and crème fraiche, stirring until thoroughly combined. Using a gentle hand, add the radish-herb mixture.
4. Spread on toasted baguette slices and garnish with more flaked sea salt. Serve immediately.
Oh Liz, I like this one too, looks so refreshing and perfect for this warm weather. 🙂
This may be part of supper during our sudden heat wave – yikes!
Yum. This is a great idea for a quick appetizer! Love the blog, Liz.
Good reminder. What a refreshing thing of goodness.
Great reminder of a yummy dish of goodness. How refreshing.
Thanks – you are up next week!