As I’ve mentioned before, we get bored with green salad night after night. Looking around the kitchen earlier today, I became inspired by a pile of ripe avocados and a huge pink grapefruit.
This salad can be made in about five minutes and is a refreshing change from the usual greens and raw vegetable combination that I serve.
Feel free to add some scallion if the red onion doesn’t suit – or maybe some chopped, crisp English cucumber.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh pink grapefruit juice
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated pink grapefruit zest
- 1 pinch sea salt.
- 1 ripe Haas avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ pink grapefruit, cut into sections and membrane removed
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful baby greens, washed
- Whisk together vinaigrette and set aside.
- Combine avocado, grapefruit, celery and red onion. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Arrange greens on 2 salad plates. Top with dressed salad. Serve.