This rich cauliflower gratin holds its own when paired with hearty main dishes being served this time of year. Despite its simple assembly, it makes an elegant addition to a fall or winter dinner party menu.
Cauliflower is my husband Larry’s favorite vegetable and I can anticipate his big smile whenever I serve this with our supper.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup Fontina, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup Roquefort, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and ground white pepper
- sweet paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the three cheeses. Set aside.
4. In a flat baking dish, arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the cauliflower.
6. Pour the cream over the cauliflower-cheese mixture.
7. Season with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
8. Bake uncovered for thirty minutes, until cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.