I found some organic apricots this morning at Trader Joe’s and dug out my tart recipe. This Apricot Tart is a very flexible recipe for any kind of fruit tart and can be made with apples, blueberries, etc.
The only special equipment you will need is a tart pan with a removable bottom. Be sure to place the tart on a sheet pan to catch the juices when they spill over – and they will!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I like organic cane)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
Sift together the flour, salt and sugar. Add the butter and vinegar; mix with two forks or clean fingers and press into tart pan. If the dough is too sticky to press out, add a little flour to the dough and your hands.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 8-10 organic fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Amaretto (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade, heated 10 seconds in microwave
1. Mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and Amaretto, then coat the apricots with the filling and arrange face down on the crust.
2. Sprinkle rest of filling over the fruit. Brush the tops of the apricots with the warmed marmalade. Place tart on a cookie sheet to protect your oven from spillage.
3. Bake for one hour. Cool before removing tart pan side and serving.